lunes, 10 de junio de 2019

Third Journal



Week from May 21st to May 24th, 2019
In this week, I planned some communicative activities in order to make students use the topics that I taught them, last class. One of the activities that I planned was the game called speaking cards. This activity was really good, my students were really active and they always tried to speak in English when they were answering the questions.  I will do this activity again in other classes. It really worked with my students. Also, in this week, I did a listening activity again and it was better than the last time because the audio was easier for my students since I asked two friends to help me to record the audio. So, my students could understand a lot because my friends spoke clearly and slowly.
Another really good activity was a game called “snakes and ladders”. It was in order to make students communicate in English because they need to improve their speaking skill. So, students worked in pairs. each pair had their card with the game and a die. While they were playing, I was walking around the classroom in order to check if students were doing the exercise and if they were speaking in English. This games helped me to realize that my students worked better if they are with only one or two classmates because they were doing the exercise and they were using  L2 but when they are speaking for the whole class. They felt less confident.

1 comentario:

  1. Hi Maria del Mar, I congratulate you because you have the desire that your students learn. The initiative to ask the collaboration of friends to record the audio shows that you care about your student's learning, congratulations 😄

    ResponderBorrar

Educational Autobiography

Educational Autobiography I spent my thirteen years of primary and secondary school at Neiva, Huila. I started my education process in ...