Week from May 7th to May 10th, 2019.
In this week, there were some problems with the schedule at the school because there were some activities and I couldn't teach most of my lessons. On Tuesday 6th, I went to school but my students weren't there because the school had an activity. The problem is that we neither had classes last week, so, I have not been able to do many activities.
On Wednesday 8th, I had classes with 801. For me, it was a little difficult because I was nervous being that I know that my university supervisor was going to visit and observe my class. Some minutes later, I tried to be calm. Then, when I was teaching my class, I didn't feel nervous, I feel more confident. I thought the activities that I did in the class were really good because my students were so active and the participation was good. Besides, I noticed that my students liked working with new materials. In this class, I used ICT materials and games and it was successful.
Also, I had classes with 802. unfortunately, there was a problem with this group in terms of the materials because I didn't know what happened with my USB didn't work in the computer, so, I couldn't do the ICT activities with them. Due to it, I had to improvise the activities and it was horrible. Besides, my students were so talkative and they misbehave a lot. It was a really bad experience. Now, I know I need to have a plan B for each activity.
Finally, on Friday 10th, I couldn´t teach my class because I had an accident, so, my cooperator teacher taught the lesson.
On Wednesday 8th, I had classes with 801. For me, it was a little difficult because I was nervous being that I know that my university supervisor was going to visit and observe my class. Some minutes later, I tried to be calm. Then, when I was teaching my class, I didn't feel nervous, I feel more confident. I thought the activities that I did in the class were really good because my students were so active and the participation was good. Besides, I noticed that my students liked working with new materials. In this class, I used ICT materials and games and it was successful.
Also, I had classes with 802. unfortunately, there was a problem with this group in terms of the materials because I didn't know what happened with my USB didn't work in the computer, so, I couldn't do the ICT activities with them. Due to it, I had to improvise the activities and it was horrible. Besides, my students were so talkative and they misbehave a lot. It was a really bad experience. Now, I know I need to have a plan B for each activity.
Finally, on Friday 10th, I couldn´t teach my class because I had an accident, so, my cooperator teacher taught the lesson.
Hello, Maria del Mar. Technology is one of the most valuable tools that we have available at our fingertips every day and it is good that we, teachers, try to implement this in our daily lessons. Using ICT in the classroom has many benefits in terms of organization, students' participation and attention, and variety in the classroom. First, it helps us to be more organized regarding our materials and activities. Second, it encourages students' participation since they want to interact all the time with technological devices; therefore, the fact that their teacher implements what they like in the classroom is something really interesting for them. Finally, it brings fun and diversity to the class, especially when linked to games as you did. I think it is a good way to motivate your students and if you have the opportunity to use this in your class, you should do it. And of course, it is important to have a backup plan since we never know what could happen. However, this could represent a challenge for testing our recursivity and creativity.
ResponderBorrarThe creativity factor is key for a good teacher. I have been through the same situation of planning activities on the spot. It feels horrible like the end of your world but at the end of the day you learn something very useful, always carry a plan B. As you said, it is important to look at forseeable problems. However, you are to e strict with your students in order for them to see you as the authority in the classroom environment, to e tough is not always bad. I know it is hard for you because I know you, but give it a try, lol.
ResponderBorrarHey Maria del Mar
ResponderBorrarSorry about your accident. I didn't knew. Remember there must be always a plan A and Plan B.I recomend always having flashcards after the use of ICT, just in case the ICT do not work, you can use the flashcards as a support. Remember, always ask your cooperating teacher to stay present during the whole class, he or she can help you with the classroom management